INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hello, I have a question about getting the British citizenship.

I have a question about getting the British citizenship. My mother was born in Cyprus , when it was a UK Colony ,and she got an old expired passport which indicates that she was in fact a citizen at that time. Later on she moved out to another country and gave birth to me in Jordan in 1959. My question is, Am i entitled to get a British citizenship?

P.S : My mother recently got her Cypriot (Greek side) nationality but they didn't give it to me because i was born before the independence of Cyprus.

INC :

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

INC :

Hi, what nationality was your father at the time of your birth? Was the birth ever registered?

Customer:

My father's nationality was jordanian at the time and yes it was registered. In fact before my mom took the cypriot citizenship ,the cypriot government asked for evidence that my mom was born in cyprus before its independence . We were able to get that information from the british embassy in Israel

INC :

Hi, thanks for the additional information. Based on the limited information you have provided and without seeing any documents, I am of the opinion that you were eligible for UK nationality at the time of your birth.

INC :

You will need to make an application to the UKBA in order to obtain a naturalisation certificate.

INC :

I hope that this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

INC :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

INC :

Many thanks,

Customer:

Thank you very much.

Customer:

i still need some clarification . I was just checking out my mother passport and it mentioned the following :

1) She is a British Subject by birth

2) she was born in Cyprus-Larnaca 1933

3) the passport contains the following statement "United kingdom of great Britain and northern Ireland

with these information , can i still apply for it?

Customer:

as i mentioned before the passport was expired long time back

INC :

Hi, yes you can still apply based on the latest information that you have provided.

INC :

Many thanks,

Customer:

Many thanks for your help