Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

UK Criminal Law Question - My son was convicted of a crime

Customer Question

UK Criminal Law Question - My son was convicted of a crime in October 2012 and served a custodial sentence and was released in December 2012. Since his release, he has found it extremely difficult to gain employment simply because he has been answering 'yes' to the "Do you have a criminal record" question. To give him a chance in life, I am wondering what the consequences might be of answering 'No' to that question. I understand and appreciate the employer if they were to later find out would terminate his employment but is there any action or is it likely they could take any form of legal action against him?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What level of checking is he facing?