UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

Hello, I have some doubts about my EEA application. Im

I have some doubts about my EEA application. I'm planning to fill in my employment details. During my stay in the UK, I got a job working for a danish software firm with an office in the UK. They promised to fix my work permit before my student visa expired which didn't go well as they where a bit slow and the clock was ticking really fast. I had to go back to my home country when my Tier 4 visa expired. I still retained the Job and worked as an independent contractor from my home country. My Fiancee comes to see me a couple of times and we got married. Now we are planning to apply for a family permit and i have some major concerns. I got that job working full time after graduation and i just realized that by law, Tier 4 visa holders are not allowed to work full time on a permanent position which i took as i thought i was allowed to work like that. Just want to know if this is going to be a major set back on our application. How can i fix this, What do i leave out in the application so as to be on a safer side.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

I would suggest that you do leave out anything in respect of your employment, the fact is that because you are applying for an eea resident permit it would not have too much an effect on your application.

When you apply as a family member of an eea national, the home office look at the wider picture in respect of your application, what I mean by this is that they consider the effects of the human rights act, ie the effect on no allowing individuals to have a right to family life and therefore I would suggest that you disclose that you were employed.

In any event the home office can now check by inserting your national insurance number and ascertain whether you were working or not and for how long . I would therefore suggest you disclose this information and state that you were unaware of you not being allowed to work more than the required hours.

I have seen individuals whom have overstayed for years obtaining an eea family permit and In your case I would not envisage your application being refused.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards