UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hello, I just want to know if this will be a problem, The

I just want to know if this will be a problem, The company i used to work for in the UK are currently applying for a work permit which will take months to get and which is still not really certain. on the other hand, My wife and are planning to apply for a family permit. will there be a clash? Do you think this will be an issue when the home office somehow finds out my company is applying for a work permit for me and i also have a family permit pending application?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Are you and your wife applying for an EEA residence permit?
What nationality is she?
Has an application been submitted by you or is your company still in the process of obtaining a certificate of sponsorship?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I and my wife are applying for a 6 months family permit and after the 6 months, we intend to apply for residence permit. She is polish by nationality. I personally have not yet submitted any application but the last time i heard from work they said they will be issuing "a client care letter" meaning they will be be advising my position which i was told is just formality. The company is still in the process of obtaining a certificate of sponsorship and have not yet applied for my Tier 2 visa. Do you think my eea FP application at this stage will collide

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

What I would suggest you do is submit your application for an EEA family permit and do not apply for a tier 2 application, on your employers behalf.

The reason is when you submit your application for an EEA residence permit you will receive a certificate letter from the home office confirming that you have a right to work in the UK for 6 months until your application is decided. You would therefore be able to work for your employer without them needing an certificate or a sponsorship licence.

I would therefore recommend that you submit your EEA application and then work once you received the certificate letter which is usually issued withing 2 - 3 weeks from applying.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wow is that correct? I mean the rule that says i am allowed to work for 6 month during my EEA application. I'm guessing this rule does not apply to people appying outisde the UK because i'm applying from Nigeria and my wife is here with me as well.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, once you arrive in the UK you will be able to work during the 6 month period, there is no need for you to obtain permission.

If you are travelling with your EEA spouse you do not even need to obtain a family permit before travelling, provided that you can convince the immigration officer that you are married and she is your spouse you can travel and obtain a visa at the port of entry.

In both of the above cases you are able to work once you arrive to the UK.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX think we'll rather apply and wait for the visa to be safe.

thanks

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Its a pleasure.

I would be grateful if you could rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.