UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

GOOD MORNING, MY NAME ISXXXXX IM A BRITISH

GOOD MORNING,

MY NAME ISXXXXX I'M A BRITISH CITIZEN (PASSPORT NO.112282345.

FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY TUNISIAN LOVER MAHER CHABOUNI (PASSPORT NO.Z935924) BACK TO THE UK IN ORDER TO ENTER A CIVIL PARTNERSHIP, LIVE TOGETHER & HAVE HIM WORK HERE.

MAHER & I ARE BOTH HOTEL RECEPTIONIST'S, HIS ENGLISH IS GOOD AND WE ARE BOTH EAGER TO SPEND OUR LIVES TOGETHER !

I'VE BEEN TOLD BY FENNY STRATFORD REGISTRY OFFICE THAT THEY WOULD BE HAPPY TO ARRANGE THE C.P. BUT CAN GIVE NO HELP REGARDING VISA'S.

WE HAVE BOTH BEEN BRITISH EMBASSEY IN TUNIS BUT THEY WERE LESS THAT HELPFUL.
THE WOULD HELP ME IF I'D LOST PASSPORT OR MONEY BUT WOULD NOT EVEN SPEAK TO MAHER (THIS WAS AFTER WE HAD TRAVELLED 180 KM) FROM MONASTIR TO TUNIS.

COULD YOU POSSIBLY OFFER ANY HELP REGARDING THIS MATTER. WE ARE FINDING THE SITUATION INCREASINGLY FRUSTRATING. I AM FLYING OVER THERE SUNDAY FOR 5TH TIME TO STAY TOGETHER IN AN APARTMENT WE RENT.

MANY THANKS XXXXX XXXXX.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

I will try and assist you in respect of your matter.

Are you planning on remaining in the UK after marriage or just marrying and returning back to Tunisa and then entering the UK again?
What are your current gross yearly earnings?
Do you have any savings?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

WE EXPECT TO REMAIN IN THE UK AFTER CIVIL PARTNERSHIP.

MY WAGES AS NIGHT DUTY MANAGE FOR TRAVELODGE IS £15,000 PA.

I HAD £18,000 INVESTED IN 2000 BARCLAY SHARES, BUT LOST MOST OF IT IN 2008. IN 2010-11 REMAING £5000 PUT INTO GOLD SHARES (TALVEST STOCKBROCKERS). 18 MONTHS AGO POLICE INFORMED ME THAT I HAD LOST THE LOT AS IT WAS A BIG WORLDWIDE CON. I NOW HAVE NO SAVINGS. - STEPHEN.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

In respect of your partner arriving to the UK to undertake marriage you must apply for what is called a fiancee visa, this will entitle your partner to enter the Uk for the purpose of marriage within 6 months and thereafter apply for a spouse visa from within the UK. Please see the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/fiancee-proposed-cp/apply-visa/

The issue in respect of your matter is the fact that the immigration rules require you to be earning at least £18,600 gross as the sponsor of your partner. If you do not meet this financial requirement your visa will be refused. The rules in respect of fiancial requirement state as follows:

The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-ECP.3.2., of-

(a) a specified gross annual income of at least-
(i) £18,600;
(ii) an additional £3,800 for the first child; and
(iii) an additional £2,400 for each additional child; alone or in combination with

(b) specified savings of-
(i) £16,000; and
(ii) additional savings of an amount equivalent to 2.5 times the amount which is the difference between the gross annual income from the sources listed in paragraph E-ECP.3.2.(a)-(d) and the total amount required under paragraph E-ECP.3.1.(a); or
(c) the requirements in paragraph E-ECP.3.3.being met.

For the full requirements please see the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/app-family-members/family-life-as-a-partner/

Unfortunately in your current fiancial position it does not seem like you are able to meet the fianacial requirements . You must have been earning the required sum of £18,600 for at least 6 months and must provide payslips and bank statements to corroborate your fiancial standing.

I am sorry if the advice given is not what you wanted to hear.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI, IN ADDITION TO MY WAGES OF £15,600 I ALSO HAVE A LODGER WHO PAYS ME £4,004 (BED & BREAKFAST). IF THIS CAN BE INCLUDED IT GIVES ME £19,600. HE HAS BEEN WITH ME 10 YEAR

HE EXPECTS TO STAY IF MAHER CAN COME HERE.

REGARDS STEPHEN.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI, IN ADDITION TO MY WAGES OF £15,600 I HAVE A LONG TERM LODGER (10 YEARS) WHO I RECEIVE £4,007 FOR . IF THIS CAN BE

INCLUDED IT GIVES ME A TOTAL OF £19,600. HE EXPECTS TO REMAIN IF MAHER COMES OVER. - STEPHEN.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatley not, the UKBA requirements state as follows:

The property, in the UK or overseas, must be owned by the sponsor, the applicant or both jointly, and must not be their main residence (and therefore income from a lodger in that residence cannot be counted). If the sponsor or applicant shares ownership of the property with a third party, only income received from the sponsor and/or applicant’s share of the property can be counted. Income from property which is rented out for only part of the year (e.g. a holiday let) can be counted. The equity in a property cannot be used to meet the financial requirement.

I hope this clarifies the matter,

Kind regards

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Its a pleasure.

Kind regards