Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF

Just wondering if someone could explain what a Allocation QUestionaire

Customer Question

Just wondering if someone could explain what a Allocation QUestionaire is and do I need to file one?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  retireddebra replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

What province is this please?

What area of law does this involve?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for the info about how site works.

I am in Ontario but the matter is in the UK. I thought I was in the UK site

You are on the Canada law list but I will take steps to have this moved to the UK law list.

Please don't answer back as that my delay the transfer.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

An Allocation Questionnaire helps a court decide what system the case should be allocated to. Whether it is small claims, fast track or multi track.

Can you provide me with any further information?

Kind regards

AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

You have assisted me before and were very helpful. I have been told by my uk lawyer that it will cost 35,000.00 pounds to sue my ex-friend to get $270,000. 00 I lent her back. So we are opting for striking out her defense and placing a charging order on her property. Does this seem like a fair assessment of costs and a good idea to you. I already told her it seemed like the best way to proceed.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you.

£35k does seem reasonable. That is the cost for a full trial. You would hope it won't reach that far and you will be able to settle before hand.

Does her defense have no merit?

Getting a judgment and charging order is definitely the best way to go because you will be secured.

I will have a look at our previous correspondence to recap.

Kind regards

AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My lawyer said she has no defense. but that didnt stop her from filing one that is full of lies. She is saying because she offered me a repayment plan I have to accept it since I should have known she could not pay the $270,000.00 back in two years. But she promoised to sell her property and then changed her mine when the money was due. I have asked that she put a charge on the property but she has refused. She continues to push me to accept her repayment plan. My lawyer seems confident that strking out her defense and asking for a summary judgement is the best way to go. It is certainly more affordable. I did call the uk police to tell them this was fraud but they just thought it was a breach of contract.

I have read about prommisory estoppel. It is a remedy in equity courts. Is this something I can do?

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Is she relying promissory estoppel?

The only way she could do that is if you actually accepted her payment plan. Simply offering it is not enough. She then would have had to have relied on your promise to accept the payment plan. I can see no equitable defence for her here.

It sounds like your lawyer is doing the right thing.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

k. thanks for the reply.

Thank you very mucy for the second opinion. How do I credit your answer. I dont understand why I dont see the credit page anymore when I reply.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Any feedback is gratefully received.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

AJ
Alex J., Litigator
Experience: LLB, LPC, DELF
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have to check the availability of my funds on my visa to tip you for your assistance. What happened to checking the happyface guys? Thanks again.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

I am not sure, the experts are users like you and have no control over the administration.

That is very kind but no tip is necessary - just think of me for the next question if you needed us.

Kind regards

AJ