Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

1. What are the requirements to invest in the U.K. as a UK

1. What are the requirements to invest in the U.K. as a UK citizen leaving and working abroad? If I want to invest on equity etc. do I need to set up a company. What are the requirements and minimum start-up money for setting up a company in the UK according to the UK Law?

2. If I have to buy a house on morgage and I leave and work abroad what is the process?

3. Can I find banks that have Islamic financing options so that I avoid interest?

What type of investments would you be interested in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not an expert but may be may be equity funds, shares, etc. I am not clear about how they work and the explicit and hidden costs.

I can't provide financial advice, but I can tell you how to set up a company if you want (as well as answer the other questions you have

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please go ahead.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please go ahead

Thanks for your patience.

You can set up a company at companies house yourself very easily. Guidance on how you can do this here:-

If there are to be other shareholders of the company you propose to register then you should consider executing a shareholdersx agreement to confirm your rights and responsibilities under the agreement and running of the company.

Provided that you are a credit worth person you should have no problem getting a mortgage and then remaining outside the UK. However, if you are to rent the property then you should get a buy-to-let mortgage as opposed to a residential mortgage where you would live in the property.

Most big high street lenders (eg. Hsbc) offer sharia-complient mortgages so this should not be a problem either.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,