Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years experience in business law and related topics such as employment law
18726264

habitual resident test I have been living in the uk for

habitual resident test

I have been living in the uk for nearly 12 years I came on a student visa to improve my English and was supported by my boyfriend when Cyprus entered the EU I remained in the uk was working employed and self employed I am now ill and I completed the habitual residence test and they advised I am not entitled to EAS in addition before I apply for a British passport is there anything else I can obtain from the home office as a EU citizen
in accordance to EU law I am a qualified person as I have been working and been self employed pls help

Thank you for your question. If you have been working here then you ought to qualify. EEa citizens who are working here do not have to pass the habitual residence test. Do you not have tax and NI records to show you have been working? Do you have a registration certificate , If not you should apply for one. It is free and shows your entitlement to be here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i do have and have submitted them copies of my tax returns from 2006 - 2013 - i dont have a registration certificate

You should get a registration certificate If you have one you are exempt form the habitual residence test but in any event they should have accepted you. you should appeal against their refusal.