Joanne M
Joanne M, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB (Hons), LPC
12804206

I had my cat treated emergency by pdsa for the day which involved

I had my cat treated emergency by pdsa for the day which involved x-rays, given fluid by drip, blood test and consultation and was charged just over £500 for the day, yet I am on benefits, they did not explain to me that pdsa is run on charity money, did i do the right thing or was I delibrately charged the money because I didn't know the rules for pdsa?
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. I will try to help with this.

Is there any reason you think you shouldn't pay for this?
They are able to charge for vet’s care. The PDSA is run upon charity but that doesn’t mean they have to provide a free service to everybody. If you expressly agreed in advance there wouldn’t be a charge you wouldn’t have to pay. You can’t claim that it was implied.
Joanne M, Solicitor
Experience: LLB (Hons), LPC