How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7600
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The Land Registry states that our neighbour has access over

This answer was rated:

The Land Registry states that our neighbour has access over our driveway by any means in to her garage or in to her back gate. She or her family park on the drive, wash their cars, take deliveries and generally make a nuisance of themselves. We have tried asking politely that they abide by the rules, but they are very obusive. What can we do about this situation?

Thank you

Thanks for your patience.

If the things that they are doing are not specifically granted by the right of way that they have then they have no legal right to do them.

I would state by writing a letter yourselves to them referring to the Land Registry Official Copies and the specific wording of the right. Further state the actions which you consider that they have no right to do. State that if they do not cease the offending actions then you will instruct a solicitor to apply to Court for an injunction stating that they should ceased. Breach of any injunction can be a criminal offence.

If they carry on then instruct a solicitor to write a letter before action to them stating that an application will be submitted to court upon the first further example of a breach.

If they breach again then you will have no option but to apply to Court.

Start a diary of their breaches, open a file and if you can take pictures of their behaviour.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Law Questions