Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i signed for a new car to.day can i cancel

Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Did you purchased the car by attending the dealers place of business and signing the contract there?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Why do you want to return it?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i havent got the car i sighed today and canceled to.day we was getting it on the first of march

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i havent got the car i sighed today and canceled to.day we was getting it on the first of march the details were not on the cantract as explained to me

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks for your reply

I am afraid that I cannot see that you're going to be able to get out of this. If you signed for the contract at the premises of the car dealers then there is no cooling off implied into the contract automatically by the distance selling regulations.

If you have signed the contract away from the premises then you would be able to terminate the contract within 7 days. The only way that you will possibly be able to terminate the contract is if there is a fault with the car and the dealer cannot repair it. This would be under the sale of goods act. If the car is not satisfactory quality though you will not be able to t.

you may be able to informally negotiate with the dealer. However the dealer is not legally obliged 2 negotiate and will most likely seek to compel you to purchase the car. They may sue you if you do not proceed with the purchase

I am very sorry that I could not have better news for you but it is important that you realise the correct legal position that you find yourself in.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
You have given my answer of 1 or 2 rating. This reflects very badly on me and I invite you to seek further clarification from me so that I can get you to change your answer rating to okay service or above

The advice you have received it correct according to the law which is the service that you pay for. Although I'm very sorry that I cannot give the answer that every customer wants hopefully you will appreciatethat I have no choice in this regard

Please reconsider the rating of my answer.

Kind regards

Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor