How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Knox Your Own Question
John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 1155
Experience:  Solicitor and Advocate
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
John Knox is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a father and currently seperated from my wife. I have

This answer was rated:

I am a father and currently seperated from my wife. I have 15 yr old son who needs frequent medical attention but the mother is not taking him to his apointments. Social services are involved. Can i just take him from school to live with me and insits he starts living with me without the mother's consent?

I will do my best to help you with this.

No you must not just take him in that way. You must either agree with his mother that you will now look after him or, if you cannot agree, you will have to make an application to the family court seeking residency. That will be a difficult, lengthy and potentially expensive application so the best outcome would be to agree an arrangement amicably with his mother.

If you do need a law firm to assist with an application for residency, I can help you with a contact if you let me know where you are based.

Any further queries, please do ask.

Best wishes
John Knox and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you