John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor and Advocate

I am a father and currently seperated from my wife. I have

I am a father and currently seperated from my wife. I have 15 yr old son who needs frequent medical attention but the mother is not taking him to his apointments. Social services are involved. Can i just take him from school to live with me and insits he starts living with me without the mother's consent?

I will do my best to help you with this.

No you must not just take him in that way. You must either agree with his mother that you will now look after him or, if you cannot agree, you will have to make an application to the family court seeking residency. That will be a difficult, lengthy and potentially expensive application so the best outcome would be to agree an arrangement amicably with his mother.

If you do need a law firm to assist with an application for residency, I can help you with a contact if you let me know where you are based.

Any further queries, please do ask.

Best wishes