Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hello sir i hope you still remember me. am still waiting for

hello sir i hope you still remember me.
am still waiting for the home affice about my case.
i called the ukba today and wanted to have an update and was told me case is with the CIO. pls what does this mean sir? why not case worker?
i wait to hear from you soon
thanks
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I cannot see that you have asked a question before. CAn you explain your case again please?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes my email add XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

hope you remember me sir

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
No, you've got to explain your case again.

Private contact is not allowed.

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer Question

hello thanks for your mail. i will like to let you know that i have seen and called my Solicitor and he keeps saying i should wait for there decision, and there are now making there decision now about my case.the MP wrote me about my case cos she ask me to get back to her if i dont hear anything from the ukba in 3months time.
she even ask me to come see her in the office next week thursday in the MP'S office.
But what i dont understand is when i go to report in Croydon, i ask the staff if any update on my file, and they keep saying nothing on it and says PENDING.
Maybe they have not even look at my case or even open my file yet but my GOD will deal with my case work and the team so that my book will be open and i will see favour in jesus name.
Thanks

Submitted: 150 days and 21 hours ago.

Status: CLOSED

Posted by Thomas 150 days and 21 hours ago.

Response From Expert

HI,
Have passed your MP letter to your soliciotr?
Tom

150 days and 20 hours ago.

Customer Reply

HI NO I DIDNT PASS THE MP'S LETTER TO MY SOLICITOR YET, COS HE WILL JUST ASK ME TO WAIT FOR THE DECISION.

I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT OR DO YOU KNOW OF ANY TIME LIMIT? MAYBE 1-6 MONTHS OR WHAT?

THANKS

Posted by Thomas 150 days and 20 hours ago.

Expert's Answer

You should pass it to the solicitor and ask them to draw up a chronology in a letter asking for the matter to be dealt with as a matter urgency. This should be submitted wiht a complaint letter too.
I would expect that a decision should be reached within 6 months as an upper limit unless there are other complications with the application requiring further investigation.
I know it's a frustrating position to be in but there is no available facility to expedite it. You just have to rely on the UKBA to be efficient, which I'm afraid in a great many cases that it is demonstrabe that they are slow.
Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.
If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.
Kind regards,
Tom

150 days and 20 hours ago.

Customer Reply

thanks you very much sir

will see my lawyer tomorrow

thanks

Accepted Answer

Yes, do.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Tom

Picture

Expert:Thomas
Category:UK Law
Pos. Feedback:98.7 %
Accepts:1814
Answered:7/8/2012

BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

150 days and 19 hours ago.

Customer Reply

So that means they have not even done anything about my case in ukba and i was told the ppl dealing with my case are not in london but Sheffield? how true is that sir?

How come they still say pening and nothing is written about my case online when ever i go to report.

I dont even know if my partner should get a letter from the MET police and send it to them also.

I just dont even know what to do anymore but to wait on my lord so i will overcame UKBA by the word of my testimony amen.

Thanks

Posted by Thomas 150 days and 19 hours ago.

Expert's Answer

You can't do a great deal about it but wait.
They have different offices. That's why you speak to on elsewhere to where you sent it.
I don't think a letter from the pollice will make a dfference I'm afraid.
Please rate my answer.
Kind regards,
Tom

150 days and 19 hours ago.

Customer Reply

hi

thanks alot and i have done what you ask me sir.

Expert's Answer

No problem.
Good luck.
Tom

150 days and 18 hours ago.

Customer Reply

AMEN SIR

Posted by Thomas 150 days and 18 hours ago.

Expert's Answer

Thanks. Good luck.
Tom

122 days and 13 hours ago.

Customer Reply

Hello sir

pls i need to ask you something sir

are you there?

thanks

Posted by Thomas 122 days and 13 hours ago.

Response From Expert

Yes, what is it?
Tom

122 days and 8 hours ago.

Customer Reply

Hello Sir

I sent you a mail about my file in liverpool.

Pls get back if you got it or not?

Thanks

Posted by Thomas 122 days and 1 hours ago.

Expert's Answer

I haven't got your question.
please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.
Kind regards,
Tom

121 days and 21 hours ago.

Customer Reply

Hello thomas how you doing? i went to report on friday and i ask the lady at the counter if any updates on my case.

She check and told me my file just left liverpool on TRANSIT, but she dosent know where it is going to only if i come next week, she will check and tell me.

I told her my application was sent to Durham, so i dont even know how it got to liverpool.

Pls sir what do you think about this or what do you know about liverpool sir?cos my cuzin stay was also sent from liverpool also.

The BIOMETRICS was sent from SHEFFIELD.My friend that we did the same Biometrics in march,just got my passport back and the ID card.

Sir pls can you explain about liverpool and sheffield and when someone file leaves liverpool, pls what does this mean?

Thanks

Posted by Thomas 121 days and 21 hours ago.

Expert's Answer

I expect that the UKBA have trasferred the file from Durham to Liverpool. I doubt it's anything to worry about, they probably log the file initially at Durham where you sent it and then send it to Liverpool for examination.
Tom

121 days and 21 hours ago.

Customer Reply

Hello sir thanks and you are offline sir.

I know lots of ppl that got the stay from liverpool.I pray my stay has been granted to me from liverpool in Jesus Name.

My friend said it will go to sheffield cos is it about family stay or cos of my british partner and daughter.

I was told sheffield is where they give spouse visa if i am the partner of a british citizen.

Pls advice cos i know ppl got there stay sent from liverpool.

Thanks

Accepted Answer

Look, it's not relevant to you where it's being processed. It's internal structural organisation of the UKBA, it's not relevant to whether you will get leave to remain or not.
Please relax. If they have your application it will be dealt with in due course.
Tom

Picture

Expert:Thomas
Category:UK Law
Pos. Feedback:98.7 %
Accepts:1814
Answered:8/6/2012

BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Read more: hello thanks for your mail. i will like to let you know that - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/6vwwz-hello-thanks-mail-will-let-know.html?L=T&al=1&utm_source=sys&utm_medium=email&utm_content=crev3_subc_viewresponsebutton&utm_campaign=AnswerNotify&r=ems%7C2012-08-06%7C8#ixzz2EFyXEP4P

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello sir hope you remember me now?

the guy that went for the london 2012

Olympics and you ask me to stop

the volunteering with london 2012

so it will not mess up my case

thanks

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
I will answer at 9bst..

TOm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello sir

do you remember me now?

i sent you the chat we had long time

this year so you can remember me

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello sir

you there

thanks

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

What date did you submit your application originally?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

25th jan 2013.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean

25 January 2013?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry 25th jan 2012

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

I don’t really have a great deal to add since the last time we spoke frankly.

Obviously, then length of time is very severe now and they have run significantly over the time by which I would – in normal circumstances – have expected them to be able to determine the application.

I’m not too sure what the “CIO”, there is the Chief Inspector of the UKBA and it may refer to the Chief Inspectors Offices but that office is independent of the UKBA and is set up to assess the UKBA. It’s completely independent and does not deal with individual applications.

There is not a great deal you can do to get them to expedite the matter, apart from keep the pressure on with correspondence. The fact is that your solicitor is the best person to speak to about this. They will be precisely aware of any complicating factors in your applciatoin which may warrant further investigation that could contribute to the length of time taken. They will also be aware of anything the UKBA have said in correspondence since the application was submitted.

You really should contact your solicitor, that is what they are there for after all.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

pls do you know anything about 'discretionary leave to remain? in the uk thanks.

Submitted: 201 days and 12 hours ago.

Status: CLOSED

Posted by Thomas 201 days and 11 hours ago.

Response From Expert

Hi
Thanks for your question and detail you have provided.

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, could you please respond to the following USING THE SAME NUMBERING:-
1. What visa do you presently hold
2. Why can you not extend this
3. On what grounds do you wish to apply for discretionary leave to remain
Kind regards.

Tom

201 days and 10 hours ago.

Customer Reply

hi have been in the UK for since 2004 and my visa expired. I have family in the UK and they are all UK born citizens. I have a partner she is British and also have a step daughter British citizen also. I came to notice with the UKBA, and i was taken to IRC Gatwick on Sunday after i had sent in my FLR in the UK. My lawyer put in an injunction for my charter flight and also i had a JR. I was now released from the detention on TA, and i have been reporting in London bridge since Feb 2012. Since Feb till date they have not said anything about my case and they UKBA called my lawyer for him to drop my JR so they can consider my application. I was send a letter from the UKBA for me to go post office for my Biometrics and i did so. I just wanted to know how long they can take to make a decision on my case,cos on my form my lawyer ask the Secretarary of State to granted me Discretionary Leave to Remain. My local MP also wrote to the UKBA and they send her a letter about y case and she sent that for me to see also. I was just fed up of staying at home so i join the volunteers for the Olympics London 2012 and checks where made on me and i was accepted cos i don't have any criminal history/criminal record or convictions. I now have the ID card for the volunteer London 2012. I know my GOD can do all things and he will touch the case worker team so i will see favour in there sight. Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me? I'm a testimony in JESUS NAME AMEN. Thanks Alot

201 days and 10 hours ago.

Customer Reply

Hi
I hope you understand all i just sent you and are you UK based?
Thanks

Posted by Thomas 201 days and 1 hours ago.

Response From Expert

Please confirm the specific date of submission for your most recent discretionary leave application?

How long have you been with your partner and please confirm that they are British?

How long have you cohabited with your partner?

I am a UK solicitor.

Tom

199 days and 16 hours ago.

Customer Reply

Thanks for your email and GOD bless you.
The sent in my application Jan 2012 and the UKBA accepted my application on Feb 2012 cos my lawyer drop the JR.

In march i got a letter from the UK Border Agency Sheffield for my biometrics scanned fingerprints and photograph taken. date 22 March 2012.

When i sent in my application i had letters and pictures of me and my uncle's and friends who are all British born citizens, about how long they know me with pictures.My cousin also did the same.On the date of my first bail in IAC Taylor House, my partner and my uncle's where atthe court day with me.There are the same people that gave me there documents for my application.They all came to stand for me.

The MP of my area also wrote to the UKBA about me, and they sent her a letter that i have any application and we wait the result.

I now do volunteers for the Olympics London 2012 cos i just cant be staying home just like that.(i hope this will not get them mad at me)

I was released to my partners address,so for now we stay together.
We got to know each other 2009 and we started dating 2010 till date.

She had her flat where she was staying, and i was staying with my family. We plan to marry August 20Th before this problem came up.

I know people that didn't even give as much documents like me, and they gave them the 3yrs visa Secretarary of State granted them Discretionary Leave to Remain,so i believe with faith that i will hear good news in Jesus name also.

That is all about me for now and i still report and the last time i ask them about my case when i went to report, they said no news at all on my case or my file.

Thanks

199 days and 16 hours ago.

Customer Reply

Thanks

Posted by Thomas 199 days and 15 hours ago.

Response From Expert

It's quite important. Please confirm when you started living together, what date (approximately)?

Tom

199 days and 14 hours ago.

Customer Reply

HI

WE JUST STARTED LIVING TODAY THIS YEAR SIR.
MY APPLICATION WAS NOT BASED ON HER ONLY
BUT WITH MY FAMILY,FRIENDS,MP,HOW LONG
HAVE BEEN IN UK AND ALL THAT.

WE ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP FOR 2 YRS NOW, AND I HELP TAKE MY STEP DAUGHTER TO SCHOOL, CINEMA AND HELPING OUT IF SHE IS NOT HOME.

MY PARTNER GOING TO UNIVERSITY AND ALSO WORK FOR THE LONDON MET POLICE AS VOLUNTEER AND SHE WORKS 3 TIMES IN A WEEK PLUS SHE ALSO GOES TO HER JOB 4 TIMES IN THE WEEK.

MY APPLICATION FORM IS CALLED (FLR(O) VERSION 04/2011 AND IS WAS SENT TO DURHAM, AND I APPLY FOR LEAVE TO REMAIN UNDER ARTICLE 8 UNDER HUMAN RIGHT OF 1998, BECAUSE I HAVE ESTABLISH A FAMILY & PRIVATE LIFE HERE IN THE UK.

APPLICATION TO REMAIN IN THE UNITED KINGDOM UNDER ARTICLE 8 OF THE ECHR

ON THE DOWN PAGE OF THE THE HUMAN RIGHT CLAIM IS WE HEREBY ENCLOSE RELEVANT DOCUMENTS IN SUPPORT OF OUR CLIENT'S APPLICATION AND REQUEST AN EXPEDITIOUS CONSIDERATION BY WAY OF GRANT OF A DISCRETIONARY LEAVE.

I HAVE MEETING WITH THE MAYOR OF LONDON THIS WEEK COS I SAW HIM ON THE INDUCTION DAY FOR THE LONDON 2012 AND I TOLD HIM ABOUT THIS.

THANKS ALOT
GOD BLESS YOU
BYE

Posted by Thomas 199 days and 14 hours ago.

Response From Expert

May I answer tomorrow morning, at about 100bst? I'm on my phone at the moment now..

Tom

199 days and 13 hours ago.

Customer Reply

OK THANKS ALOT SIR
GOD BLESS YOU
I KNOW I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS AND MY GOD WILL FAVOUR ME IN JESUS NAME
AMEN

THANKS

Posted by Thomas 199 days and 13 hours ago.

Response From Expert

Thanks.

199 days and 12 hours ago.

Customer Reply

HI
SO WHAT TIME 2MORROW YOU WILL WRITE TO ME
THANKS

Posted by Thomas 199 days and 2 hours ago.

Response From Expert

In a oouple of hours..

199 days and 1 hours ago.

Customer Reply

HI
GOOD MORNING PLS ANY NEWS YET
THANKS

Accepted Answer

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I was just drafting my answer for you.

I think you should relax a little bit. I appreciate that the uncertainty about your immigration status has been going on for you for a long time but the time from which you should judge waiting is from the date of the most recent application. Therefore you should judge how long you have been waiting from February 2012.

I appreciate that this is a gap of three months or so but the reality is that discretionary applications take much longer than normal application based within the immigration rules. This is because they are more complicated. A waiting time of this length is totally common for applications of this type.

On top of this the UKBA is going through some significant internal upheaval as a result or organisation change. They have not changed efficiently in the past and I am finding long delays in near enough all applications that I have submitted on behalf of my clients.

Your article 8 argument is at it’s strongest in respect of your children. Your relationship to your fiancé is very helpful, but not persuasive because you have not lived together for two years and are not married. If you married your argument would be much, much stronger but it is already reasonably convincing if you are directly involved with the children’s upbringing.

Deciding to volunteer was not be best move for you, it’s not particularly helpful to your case because although it is well-spirited and well-meaning it could be argued to be a breach of the immigration rules but not one, I would think, that the UKBA would use solely to reject your application.

Assuming that you documentation is comprehensive and has all been submitted then I would expect you to be granted further leave to remain but it may take some more time before the UKBA respond. They have taken your biometrics and that is a good thing.

Stay in contact with your solicitors.

Kind regards,

Tom

Picture

Expert:Thomas
Category:UK Law
Pos. Feedback:98.7 %
Accepts:1814
Answered:5/21/2012

BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

199 days and 1 hours ago.

Customer Reply

HI
THANKS YOU SIR VERY MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
DO YOU THINK I SHOULD STOP THE VOLUNTEER FOR THE 2012, OR I SHOULD JUST STAY WITH IT COS I HAVE TO DO MY STADIUM PASS THIS WEEK, AND THEY WILL NEED MY FINGER PRINTS AND PIC ON THE ID CARD.

I DONT KNOW IF THE OLYPICS 2012 HAVE CHECK WITH THE UKBA ABOUT MY STATUS? I ALSO ADDED DOCUMENTS FROM MY UNCLE'S LETTER AND PICS AND CUZIN AND FRIENDS WHICH ARE ALL BRITISH BORN CITIZEN.

APART FROM THAT MY PARTNER IS BRITISH AND MY STEP DAUGHER IS BRITISH ALSO, AND MY CUZIN IS WITH THE BRITISH ARMY, AND THE UKBA KNOW ALL ABOUT IT.

THEY ALSO HAVE THE LETTER FROM MY MP ASKING THEM OVER AND OVER WHAT IS GOING ON ABOUT ME COS SHE Knows ME AND MY FAMILY.

I KNOW MY GOD IS WORKING SOMETHING GOOD FOR ME COS I AM A TESTIMONY IN JESUS NAME.

THE VOLUNTEER AM DOING IS NOT A PAY JOB, AND IT IS FOR 2012 OLYMPICS FOR THE COUNTRY. AM NOT OUT THERE DOING DRUGS OR FRAUD , AM DOING THIS FOR THE COUNTRY AND TO KEEP MYSELF BUSY AND ALSO GET TO KNOW MORE PEOPLE.

I WILL WAIT FOR YOUR ADVICE
THANKS

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Discretionary leave to remain is where a person is granted leave to remain in the UK despite not being eligible to apply under the Immigration Rules.

The immigration rules state give eligible applicants the right to apply for visas, the UKBA can only reject on specific grounds.

The UKBA do have a discretion to grant leave outside of the rules and that is what discretionary leave to remain is. Each case is judged on it's individual and specific merits.

Please rate my answer.

Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor