Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

my husband had his first interview with uk egypt,his

my husband had his first interview with uk egypt,his very confident but im not so sure,my husband told them he has failed english test twice and they said they will reply in 2 weeks on visa,what are his chances now of not having english test?he speaks good english but dont uhderstand questions in test

What visa has your husband applied for please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

spouse visa

I will answer at 9bst..

Sorry for the delay, drafting your answer.

Thanks for your patience.

If your husband has applied for a spouse visa (ie. settlement) then as part of the eligibility criteria has must pass one of the approved English Language Tests as you will see from the following link:-

I’m afraid that if he does not submit a certificate that he has passed one of the tests referred to on the link about then the UKBA will be able to refuse his visa application.

In actual fact the test is very basic and so it is not considered prejudicial or contrary to a persons’ human rights for the UKBA to insist upon a spouse visa applicant having it. The reality is that if a person can speak English to a reasonable level then it is highly likely that the will be able to pass the test.

If you husband has the test then it will be no problem.

If he does not have the test then I’m afraid that it’s possible probably likely that the ukba will reject his application.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,