Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

if some one from canada stays to long in the uk is there

if some one from canada stays to long in the uk is there a overstay charge to pay when you leave the uk
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

No there is no charge to pay if the person overstays their visa but then pays for their flight ticket home.

All that happens is that the overstay will be noted and the person will probably receive a ban depending on certain circumstances.

There is no money to pay for overstaying providing that you have bought your own flight ticket.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom