Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

THE POST OFFICE HAS REFUSED TO DELIVER MY MAIL BECAUSE MY DOG

THE POST OFFICE HAS REFUSED TO DELIVER MY MAIL BECAUSE MY DOG CONFRONTED THE POST MAN MY DOG DID NOT BITE HIM JUST STOOD IN FRONT OF HIM AND THE POSTMAN AND BARKED AND I THINK THAT THE POSTMAN OVER REACTED I HAVE EMAILED THE POST OFFICE THAT I WILL KEEP MY DOG ON A LEASH AND KEEP HER IN TILL THE POSTMAN HAS DELIVERED THE MAIL ALSO THEY HAVE REFUSED TO DELIVER THE POST TO THE FLAT BELOW AND I THINK THAT THEY HAVE BEEN VICTIMISED IT WAS NOT THERE FAULT AFTER ALL IF THEY DO NOT DELIVER MY MAIL HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO PAY MY BILLS SURELY THEY HAVE TO INFORM ME BY POST AND NOT FOR THE POSTMAN TO TELL MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR. MR PJ EDWARDS
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. I will try to help with this. Please RATE my answer OK SERVICE or above.

I'm afraid the post office are perfectly entitled to take this view. Post man are not protected by the criminal law because they have to come onto private land and the Dangerous Dogs Act requires an incident to be in a public place.

Their response is common to refuse to deliver post and you cannot force them to do so.

You can pick post up from their depot though as regularly as you like. They are not withholding your post. They are just saying that they will not send staff to your door.

Sorry but thats your position.