Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i have applied for a settlement visa for my husband but as

i have applied for a settlement visa for my husband but as yet we have heard nothing and i am wondering if it was because i withdrew my sponsorship, i forgave him for the terrible thing he did to me and withdrew the allegations and applied for a visa to bring him back we applied in may but have heard nothing since. How long would it take in these circumstances
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Your husband is outside of the UK. You applied once before. You withdrew your sponsorship.

You have now applied again. You have not heard anything since May when you applied.

Is the above correct?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i applied in 2009 he received his visa after appealing came here in 2010

we were living nicely together but i found out from him that he had cheated and had a child whilst in jamaica i couldnt forgive him at the time and he went on holiday to see the child however while he was down there i heard rumours that he was with her and the child and he was i then withdrew my sponsorship through the home office and he was sent home when he returned after two months after a couple months of talking to him i decided to give him another chance

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Have you received an acknowledgemnt letter from the UKBA confriming that they have received your most recent letter?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent both the withdrawals to the UKBA in Croydon via their special delivery service and the visa application was taken into the embassy in jamaica and they have his passport he also did the eyescan which we paid additionally but no i havent received that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,

I sent both the withdrawals to the UKBA in Croydon  via their special delivery service and the visa application was taken into the embassy in jamaica and they have his passport he also did the eyescan which we paid additionally but no i havent received that

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

Withdrawing the previous sponsorship of your husband does not mean that he is prevented from now applying again with you as his sponsor. However, it will make the UKBA quite suspicious and they will want to verify as much as they possibly can that you have reconciled your relationship.

They may invite you both in for interview to ask you questions about what happened last time, why you broke, what happened in the meantime and what has now happened to result in your reconciliation. Your stories must match completely. If they do not then you may have to appeal and this can be expensive in terms of legal fees to have your properly represented.
Waiting times of up to 4/5 months from the date of application for settlement are not uncommon. However the majority should have been decided. Obviously, they UKBA would either give him a receipt confirmation when he was there or write to him confirming that they have his application (ie. By an acknowledgement letter). Check that he has this.
If it has been acknowledged that they have his application then the waiting time is quite long especially for Jamaica where you will see from the following link that 100% of application were decided within 60 days, so this is unsual.

They next step would be to write to them submitting a complaint and requesting that they expedite the application. The reality is that this only sometimes hurries them up though, I would also speak to your local MP and get them to write to them.

I would expect that the delay is as a result of your unpredictable history with spouse visas but I would nevertheless expect them to contact you by now if the application was genuinely submitted in may.

I have to go in to a meeting now for half an hour I will be able to answer any further questions you may have upon return.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor