Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I came to uk under HSMP, I will complete 4 years, 7 months

I came to uk under HSMP, I will complete 4 years, 7 months and 24 days on 20th december when my leave to remain in uk will expire, can I apply for indefinit leave to remain or I have to apply for another extension
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid that the caseworkers are only allowed to count the period between when entry clearance was granted and when you actually arrived in the UK if that period is less than three months. I assume this is why you fall short of the 5 year period.

Please refer to 2.2 on the following guidance document for confirmation:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idichapter6a/section1.pdf?view=Binary

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom