Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

If a peerson overstays thier visa by one year , what will happen

If a peerson overstays thier visa by one year , what will happen at border control with an air ticket to travel back to their home country

The person has voluntarily bought a ticket with their own money. Correct?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will pay

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

The overstay will be noted at Border Control. If you have not been served notice of your removal by the UKBA and are leaving at no cost to the public because you are paying for your own ticket then you will receive a ban from re-entering the UK which lasts for one year.

Any application you make within this time would be rejected by the UKBA.

It would also make it difficult for you to get most other visas once the ban has expired because the UKBA would take the view that because you have breached the immigration rules by overstaying it would not be conducive to the public good to approve your application.

This would apply in all cases expect those where you are apply on the basis of your family relationship to a UK national, foreign national holding ILR or EEA national spouse.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom