Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Can you tell me if Universal Traval Market based in Liverpool

Customer Question

Can you tell me if Universal Traval Market based in Liverpool is a bogus Firm For the sale of timeshare
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question/n .

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, could you please respond to the following USING THE SAME NUMBERING:-
1. Can you give a bit more detail on your dealings with them
2. Have they contacted you to sell your timeshare
3. Have they asked you for any pre-contractual fees?
Kind regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes they asked for £1,250 And said that it would sale for £8,ooo they said that they were the only firm taken on to sale club class membership/timeshare I would like to know if they are bogus as I need to get intuch with my bank

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your patience.

Obviously there are a lot of companies in this market that are scammers.

There is no record of “Liverpool Travel Company” at Companies House. If they say there are a limited company under this name then they are flat-out lying.

There is no website that I can trace for them otherwise verifying their credentials. Not a goods sign.

If they have cold called you then this is also not a good sign.

If they are asking for money up front then you should refuse stating that their fees should be deducted from the sale proceeds once you have completed the sale. No form of agency agreement like this works in this way.

I really don’t like the sound of this and would stay as far clear as possible. Ultimately, if you wish to sell your timeshare you can go on sites like :-

That are reputable and speak to others that have sold their timeshares through reputable companies and go with the tried and test ones.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply on Thursday 13th it was very helpful and I was able to get my bank to cancel my credit card befor any transaction thank you once again Mrs N Crewe

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
That's great. Glad I could help.