Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

is it possible to be able to look at dead persons last will

is it possible to be able to look at dead persons last will and testament even though you dont know them ?

Thanks for your patience.

If the person has left a Will then the person who is named as Executor in the Will is responsible for the Will and who the Will is revealed to. Usually the Executor will only reveal the Will to those who are entitled to benefit from it (ie. The beneficiaries who will inherit the estate).

If a grant of probate is required to deal with the estate (eg. If they had property or had assets of greater than approximately 10,000.00gbp) then a copy of the Will shall be attached to the grant of probate once the executor has obtained it.

You (or anybody else) can order a copy of the grant of probate if/when it is granted and a copy of the Will shall be attached to this. Here is how you can search:-

If there is no need to apply for a grant of probate then the only way you can find out if the deceased held a Will is by contacting the executor.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,