Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I do not know the exact date of either of my parents deaths.

I do not know the exact date of either of my parents deaths. I know months,years and where registered. How can I find the date for a memorial plaque. My father was David Graham Parker who passed away March 2003 in Barnstaple, Devon. My mother was Janet XXXXX XXXXX who passed away April 2006 in Torbay, Devon.

Thanks for your question.

You will have to contact the respective local authoritys to obtain a copy of the Death Certificate in order to establish the date the passed away on.

Here’s Torbay:-

And I would presume that you can contact the North Devon Registration Office in Barnstable in respect of the other:-

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,