Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi i am looking to sponsor my wife for UK spouse visa I am

Hi i am looking to sponsor my wife for UK spouse visa I am currently unemployed and not claiming benefits as I have £15000 savings and I also own my own house mortgage free my father lives with me and pays rent of £100 a week to me, will this be enough for a visa to be granted also my wife has a professional qualification as a registered general nurse with over 2 years working in her local hospital thank you
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

You should be fine if you apply now, yes. There is quite a bit of flexibility in the financial criteria. There is an informal threshold of salary of £5, 500.00 after tax and excluding housing costs( although yours will be nil in any event).

Provided you can show:-
1. That you own your property mortgage free
2. That your father pays in an income and that this is documented by formal agreement (ideally), for example by a simple lodgers agreement in which there is a fixed term at a rent (you can download a template from any of the online legal document providers).
3. That your wife has a CV and appropriate qualifications to enable her to get a job in the UK and to evidence that there is a realistic chances of getting a job by showing job availability for the types she is to do in your area. So a detailed statement from you both about how you plan to derive an income from her employment with suitable job adverts annexed to your statements.
4. If you intend to work show your CV and that yo have a realistic prospect of getting a job and deriving future income at a later date

It is highly probable that a salary threshold will come in to force in spouse visa applications in or around November so I would advise making an application as soon as possible and also to instruct UK immigration solicitor near to you in order to prepare the application.

It has been recommended that the salary cap should be set at between £18,600 and £25,700 before tax so you should really make the application as soon as possible.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor