Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

am in the UK right now ,and i had already returned back before

am in the UK right now ,and i had already returned back before i was told the visa has being curtailed and the university would not issue a CAS for me to make a fresh application.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
I’ve afraid that the reason that the college is not going to issue you with a CAS letter is because you are an overstayer, which as you are probably aware is (regrettably) a breach of the immigration rules. A confirmation of acceptance of studies letter is a letter stating that after having completed their application process they are willing to let you study at the college.
However, if they are aware that you are in breach of the immigration rules then by issuing a CAS letter they would effectively be seeking to accept someone who is illegal in the UK. They can’t do that obviously and to attempt to would put them in a very bad light with the UKBA.

They probably rely on visa nationals studying at their college for a large chunk of their fees so they will not want to put the college in a bad light with the UKBA and potentially jeopardise their sponsor status with them .
If you are in a relationship with a UK national, EEA national or person holding ILR, or have children with any such persons in the UK then you may have options to secure your leave to remain in the UK but I’m afraid your chances of obtaining an extension to your student visa are not very good.
Sorry I could not have better news for you;
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,