Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i applied for psw on 13th feb 2012 got acknowledgement letter

i applied for psw on 13th feb 2012 got acknowledgement letter on 23rd feb and after that i neither got biometrics nor my money deducted from account.....now tense as i psw rule changing and plus my my visa expired 31st march 2012
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I think you can calm down a bit. Your application will be judged on the immigration rules in place at the date the application was received by the UKBA. If they have acknowledged your application by letter then clearly they have received the application.
The fact that they have not deducted the money for the application fee/biometrics does not indicate that the application will be refused. The UKBA is not a robot, it’s is prone to doing things in ways that you may not expect so I would avoid drawing conclusions without having any firm evidence.
The fact that your leave to remain has expired is also not a problem. If leave expires whilst an applciaiton is in process you shall have temporary leave to remain until such time as the application is actually determined. IN the event that leave is not granted you then have a further 28 days to leave before you are regarded as an overstayer.
You can appeal and have temporary leave until appeal of the determination. You get a much fairing hearing on appeal. Not that I’m saying that your application will be rejected, just trying illustrate that you have options

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?
If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.
Please click accept. I cannot work for free.
Tom