How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7581
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to start my own interior design business in uk. Please

Resolved Question:

I would like to start my own interior design business in uk.
Please can you inform me the legal requirements regarding health cover and tax i will be required to pay for my employees?
Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Your obligations as an employer extend to insuring that you account to Her Majesty’s Customs and Revenue for the monies paid to your employees for 1) income tax and 2) national insurance contributions (ie. for the National Health Service). HMRC runs a Pay As You Earn system in this regard, whereby you as employer deduct these sums from your employee’s pay before it is actually paid to them.

There is lots of information on how you can arrange this with HMRC on their webpages on the matter:-

You will see that on the immediate left of the above link there are further links for all the information you need to start up a business and ensure that you are compliant in this regard. It’s all very easy to understand and HMRC are very helpful in answering any queries you might have.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Law Questions