Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I would like to start my own interior design business in uk. Please

I would like to start my own interior design business in uk.
Please can you inform me the legal requirements regarding health cover and tax i will be required to pay for my employees?
Thank you
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Your obligations as an employer extend to insuring that you account to Her Majesty’s Customs and Revenue for the monies paid to your employees for 1) income tax and 2) national insurance contributions (ie. for the National Health Service). HMRC runs a Pay As You Earn system in this regard, whereby you as employer deduct these sums from your employee’s pay before it is actually paid to them.

There is lots of information on how you can arrange this with HMRC on their webpages on the matter:-

You will see that on the immediate left of the above link there are further links for all the information you need to start up a business and ensure that you are compliant in this regard. It’s all very easy to understand and HMRC are very helpful in answering any queries you might have.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,