Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

What do you think about half moon holdings they want to buy

What do you think about half moon holdings they want to buy my connection 6 membership for £4000 what should i do
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

They’ve cropped up on here a few times. They typically offer to sell your timeshare but ask that you pay a fee upfront before anything happens. Though I have not seen any replies to questions confirming that a customer has paid this fee and then not heard from them again I suspect this is because all experts (including myself) have warned them off contracting.

If they are confident of a sale then they should offer to defer their fees until completion.

They are on TATOC’s cold caller list which is not a good sign:-
http://www.tatoc.co.uk/consumer-help/cold-callers
See “HM Holdings”

The better view is that their are a number of scammers in this area but also reputable providers so where there is doubt you should not take a risk. I would use the TATOC forum to find a reputable seller through persons who have actually been through the process.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Tom