Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Is GuruAid a Bonified service provider or a scam organisat

Is GuruAid a Bonified service provider or a scam organisation
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! If you've any queries once you've read my answer do ask. When satisfied, kindly click the Green ACCEPT button.

Can you confirm the website address or contact details for the company / organisation in question please?
Expert:  Joshua replied 5 years ago.
It probably would be but unfortunately this site automatically removes email addresses and telephone numbers for privacy purposes so your information is starred out.

It is nothing to do with this website is it?
http://guruaid.co.uk/

Could you outline what they have asked you to do or why you are interested in them?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I asked them to sort a problem I had with loading a Norton Utilities package. I gave them permission to access my computer which they did and solved the problem and clear the computer of a lot of un-necessary data to make it run faster, which it does.

I have no reason, as yet, to suspect them of mal pratice, my concern is that I had an other phone call this evening from a caller who contiuously avoided my request for him to give me his company name,wanted me to switch my computer on.

Expert:  Joshua replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. Is this their website: http://www.guruaid.co.uk/
Expert:  Joshua replied 5 years ago.
Thanks I am sorry but the email you type is being started out by the sites privacy software. Can I ask that you post the email replacing @ with "at". This should not trigger the privacy protection.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the answer to your question is it is their Wesite address.. do you still want me do your last request
Expert:  Joshua replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. Looks legit. It appears to be a division of a parent company called Lester Inc which is incorporated in Kentucky. It also appears to be a Microsoft approved support provider. providing you are satisfied this was the company that accessed your computer, they do not appear to be scammers but a legitimate support provider for Microsoft. .