Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I have been contacted by timeshare-disposal.com offering to

I have been contacted by timeshare-disposal.com offering to get my money back from the Reclaim Certificate issue by the Incentive Leisure Group. They want an up front payment to be paid by transfer from my bank account to a Santander account which they will send
details of if I agree. Is this another scam? Trisha.

Thanks for your question

It is highly unusual of legitimate sellers of timeshares to ask for an upfront fee before sale and commonplace practice for timeshare scammers. If they are as confident as they say they are then they should offer to defer payment of their fee until completion as any other agent would.

If they have cold call you then this would also be a further reason to be highly suspicious.

They are also on TATOC’s watchlist:-
http://www.tatoc.co.uk/consumer-help/cold-callers

The above website is a good place to start if you wish to sell your timeshare, the forum users will be able to offer recommendations for legitimate companies.

Ultimately, there are companies that can offer to sell your timeshare providing there is demand (which is very, very low at the moment) and therefore why take the risk. I would avoid them and have no further dealings with them.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I really need to know if the Reclaim Certificate company are in administration or

have I been told a pack of lies?

What is the full name of the limited company which you refer to as "Reclaim Certificate Company"?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

RECLAIM web:www.reclaim.gi

It's obviously a Gibraltan website.

There is a company called "Reclaim Limited" registered in the UK, but this been dissolved on 27th September this year:-
RECLAIM LIMITED XXXXX
SANDERSTEAD
SURREY
CR2 0LD
Company No. 04372259

This could have been as a result of liquidation.

Kind regards,

Tom