Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am looking for asylum in uk, it will be hepfull if i said

Customer Question

I am looking for asylum in uk, it will be hepfull if i said that my brother is seatled in uk?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Has he become settled as a result of having earlier claimed asylum

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he claim 10n years ago for asylum but he got granted as an excepcional case but no based on his asylum case

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he does not get any benefids from public funds. He is working for a company and his income is around 20k a year
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

You either have a well founded fear of persecution because you are a member of a particular group (eg. Homosexual, social, political etc) or you don't, this is the determining factor in whether or not you are eligible to claim asylum. You must be able to prove this with documentary evidence. If you can do this (and it is very, very difficult) you would be granted asylum.

The fact that your brother has become settled is not a determining factor in deciding whether you are eligible, apart from the fact that if he was granted asylum on the same basis that you claim then it would demonstrate that asylum from your country was at that point considered possible but this would really not be at all persuasive because each case is judged on it's merits and is therefore separate from others.

It may help to explain why you have chosen the UK as the country where you wish to claim asylum because of the support your brother can offer you but the important factor is the one explained in my first paragraph.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My case is something totally diferent, in fact a choose the uk because as you said i feel more secure if my brother is here, but some people said that having someone who can sposor me it will be hepfull and other people said that it will be better not to mention that my brother is in this country. i am just worry about. because i can not to go back

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

In general it would be better to disclose it because there will be concerned questions asked by the UKBA if you don't which could put them on an adversarial footing.

If your brother is able to support/accomodate you it would be helpful but not persuasive.

Thanks for your accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry i can not understand. so you mean it is better not to said that my brother is here?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

No, better to say that he is but this does not necessarily mean you will be granted asylum

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

No problem

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can i ask something else or i need to pay again to get the answer
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

It depends on the nature of the question - what is it?

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
on my way to uk they took my finger prints in hungary, if the ask me it will be ok if i say yes or it will be better to say no. or it will be better to just say i do not remenber
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Simply admitting the fact that you had your finger prints taken will not affect your asylum application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they will not send me back to that country
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
They will send you back to the last country where you had leave to remain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But i dont have leavev to remain in any country, on my way to uk they took my fingers in three different countries but i did not apply for asylum. so why you are tellling me that it will be ok to said that i got finger prints
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

If you do not have leave to remain in any country then you will be returned to your home country if you are unsucessful in your asylum claim.

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you very much.... God bless you
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome. The best thing you can do is instruct a solicitor to act in your asylum claim if you can afford it.

Good luck.

Tom