Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i want to know can somebody claim asylum on the perticular

Customer Question

i want to know can somebody claim asylum on the perticular airport as well in uk
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you are referring to claiming asylum in the UK, what would happen is that the person claiming would tell the UK Border Official they meet straight after disembarking the plane that they wish to claim asylum.

They would then be taken to a UKBA holding cell in the airport before being taken to the nearest asylum processing centre and initiate their asylum claim. If landing in Gatwick or heathrow they would be taken to the Croydon centre.

But no, they simply state they wish to claim asylum at the airport. The important part - the claim itself - is processed via a processing centre over a number of months and starting either on the day or the day after stating at the airport.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks thomas but i hav written u my situation as well i hav twin daughters suffering from severe autism cant speak in pak they r abused badly so the family wants me to throw them in a mental instute or some religioues saints that will beat the ghosts out of them am i elligible for asylum as i m in uae at the moment with my husband who cant afford us to stay here in any way we r miserable here they dont giv us any help
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Claiming Asylum is very difficult. In practice only 19 of 100 applications are actually accepted.

In order to claim asylum you must show that you have a well founded fear of persecution because of:-

• § race;
  • § religion;
  • § nationality;
  • § political opinion; or
  • § membership of a particular social group.

The difficulty you will have is in proving there is a fear of persecution. It cannot just be because of your family because presumably you could avoid your family if you wished to. It has to be a threat coming from all across society, it would also have to affect you to an extent.

If you can demonstrate that the children would suffer persecution by producing evidence of other deaf persons and children who have recently suffered such persecution (ie. Newspaper reports, testimonials, academic evidence) then you may have a small chance of claiming asylum on this basis. It would only be a very, very small chance though

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i understand but the threat is from the society as well as nobody accepts them i cn take evidences as well but may i know is there any other way except asylam that uk give me help for my kids as well coz i m all alone in pak n u know they r over threats of life n pride as they cant tell me anything if i quite my family out there plz help me thomas i m really in dark thanks for ur precious time
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

It's as I have explained above. The key thing is documentary evidence, start to find this and builld a file. Document your children's experiences in a diary and get supporting statements.

You can contact the following to help you with advice:-

www.asylumaid.org.uk/

www.amnesty.org.uk/Support-Amnesty

Good luck

Kind regards,

Tom