Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Dear Sir/Madam My 17-year old son was born in, and has lived

Dear Sir/Madam

My 17-year old son was born in, and has lived in Australia all of his life.Both of his parents are British citizens, so is he - he possess both British and Australian passports.He is travelling to the UK early 2012 to work as a 'gap year' student at a school in Lincoln.
My question is whether UK immigration will allow him in with a one-way ticket,or will they require evidence of a return ticket.His intention is to reside permanently in the UK.

Thankyou for your advice.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If he has a valid UK passport then he has the same rights of entry and access to the UK as any other UK citizen. He will not need to show evidence of a return flights because his passport affords him the right to remain in the UK permanently.

I know it's short but there isn't much more to say really!

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom