How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I live in park home on shaw hall caravan site in scarisbrick

Resolved Question:

Hi, I live in park home on shaw hall caravan site in scarisbrick nr ormskirl lancs, I need a new thicker electricity cable going to my meter, reason being I'm a foster carer and need a certificate for my electric, and until thats done i can't get electric checked. I have been in office numerous occasions and it doesn't go any further, Its coming up to nine months to date. regards Joyce
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

Is the site owner refusing to do it?

Have you got a signed agreement to cover the park home?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not refused out right, not sure about agreement, park home is insured, and they carry out most of the gas and electric on here
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
You need to check any written agreement.

If there is one it would normally have something in there about providing power.

If this is the case you could sue quite easily for breach of contract.

As for no contract I would suggest you contact local electricity board or environmental health.

If you suggest not having the work done poses a health risk, they could investigate and prosecute if necessary.

But check to see if you have a contract.

Please remember to click accept, thank you
UK-Justice and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you