Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Good morning, How many individuals/concerns can be on an

Good morning,

How many individuals/concerns can be on an access and works to install services easement agreement, can a grantor, grantee and successors and a contractor?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Could you explain your situation a little more please?

Thanks

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a piece of land in conjunction with a partner but don't have access. I have agreed access rights and service rights with the adjacent land owner if I install services to his land (about 25 metres past mine)

I have sold the land and want to draw up an agreement with the adjacent land owner, my partner, the new buyer for access and to install their services and myself to install the adjacent land owner's services. Can it be done?
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that’s perfectly fine. It can bind each party’s respective sucessors in title so there is no problem there. You really need to see a solicitor about drafting the Deed of Easement giving effect to your wishes, this is certainly not something that I would recommend attempting to do on your. You could make mistakes, prejudice yourself and your land and spend a lot more money attempting to remedy the situation.

It will not be that expensive to get a solicitor to prepare the draft for you, you can arrange the execution on it yourself and make the application to the Land Registry yourself as well (if you want to save yourself the legal fees of the solicitor making it) provided each party to the transaction is prepared to see a local solicitor to execute their ID1 form (cost £10.00) to prove their identity to the Land Registry in order that they may registered the rights granted/subjected against the appropriate legal titles of your land and the adjacent land.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX get a Solicitor to draw up the documentation etc. I have just had a further thought, the sale will take place before the services are installed will that make a difference as both the buyer and I will have our rights continuing, theirs and successors forever mine to drop off if necessary once the services are installed
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
No, that can be incorporated in to the deed of easement. The key is just to give full instructions and information to your solicitor so that they can adapt their form of precedent to your situations.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom