How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Thomas Your Own Question

Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7032
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi,i would like to know if i was caught 6 years ago in uk by

Customer Question

hi,i would like to know if i was caught 6 years ago in uk by immigration officers for overstaying for 4years and send back to malaysia.can i come back this time with my employers for an incentive trip full paid by them?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following using the same numbering:-
1. Were you deported at the expense of the state? (ie. did they pay the cost of your flight ticket)
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes.they paid for my flight ticket


Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Did you leave voluntarily once they caught you or was there a deportation hearing and then an Order made for your deportation?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what happens next is the officers took me back to their office and later send me to a detention center than the following day i took the flight back to malaysia on their expenses
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

If there was no deportation hearing and you were simply given your notice of the removal decision taken by the UKBA then you have left voluntarily at the expense of the state. Depending on the length of time that you physically departed the UK after having received the notice you would have received either a 2 or a 5 year ban from re-entry.

If you applied within either of these times the UKBA would not even look at your application. They would simply reject it out of hand and refuse to consider it.

This does not mean that you will now be successful, it just means that the UKBA must “consider” your application. Overstaying is still a general reason for refusal which the UKBA is permitted to use under the immigration rules even though you may have served your ban and the reality is that the UKBA are highly likely to reject your application on this basis unless you can sufficiently explain why it was necessary to overstay for that length of time I’m afraid.

There is no human right argument in this case either I’m afraid so the reality is that it’s going to be very difficult for you to be successful applying for the type of visa that you are applying for .

I’m very sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7032
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If i want to visit UK again, what are the chances since the deportation was 6 years ago? Would i even be able to enter the country ever again? Since Malaysians do not need to apply for a tourist visa to the UK, what if i provide my financial statement and a letter from my employer stating that i'm under employment in Malaysia, would the immigration allow me to enter the UK as tourist again?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

I'm afraid that the position is that you either have a ban or you don't. A statement from your employer will not change that, nor does the fact that there is a visa waiver program for Malaysia.


You need to write to the uKBA to find out.

Kind regards,


JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Ben Jones


    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in UK Legal Matters
< Last | Next >
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones


    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in UK Legal Matters
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Jenny Mackenzie's Avatar

    Jenny Mackenzie

    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 10 years experience in general legal matters
  • Matthew J's Avatar

    Matthew J


    Satisfied Customers:

    4 y PQE (Partner) - Commercial / Residential Property & Property and Civil litigation experience
  • Stuart J's Avatar

    Stuart J


    Satisfied Customers:

    PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • Alex J.'s Avatar

    Alex J.


    Satisfied Customers: