Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i have been granteed indefinite leave to remain UK since 2010.

i have been granteed indefinite leave to remain UK since 2010. If i want to go to Florida for the holidays do i need visa?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you are a national of a country that usually requires a visas to travel to the US then you will still need to obtain a visa before travelling despite having received ILR in the UK. ILR does not change your nationality, it simply means you have an indefinite right to remain in the UK whilst you are here.

UK citizens do not require a visa to visit the US. If you wish to naturalise as a UK citizen you must meet the criteria on the following page and apply for naturalisation:-

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,