Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hello I would like to know something If i want to made and

hello I would like to know something If i want to made and to sell salads to the supermarkets what I have to do ?

Thanks for your question.

If you wish to make, package and sell the salads then you will need to register with the Food Standards Agency and check that you will comply with food & hygiene legislation:-

You would also have to check with the local authority where you are making the food to see if you need a licence from them.

Once you have the above permissions it becomes more a question of marketing to the individual supermarkets. You would have to contact their head office and ask about the process for new products and proceed from their. Most likely, they will have their own individual requirements about your food and business to protect themselves and their brand.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

sorry I would like to ask you another think.

the true is that I can make so delicious anfd good salads , tastes really nice and I was thinking why I dont do a business with it?

do you think the supermarkets will have problems to buy a person this products ? or they only buy to big company?

about the another answer very clever answer , I can see you are very profesional person and know a lot about it , but I need to know about this last question is very important for me.

thank you very much

I'm not an expert in Supermarket practice, but I am certain they will only by from persons/business that they consider would be responsible and would not jeopardise their brand.

Therefore if you are a new entry to the market you would have to have a very impressive business plan and they would also probably require a site visit to check where you make the salads.

Kind regards,