Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

This real or a Scam letter head of Natwest Bank

This real or a Scam letter head of Natwest Bank--I checked and cannot locate this branch office at Leicester Square...pls advice.

NATWEST BANK PLC
2A CHARING CROSS ROAD
LEICESTER SQUARE BRANCH,
LONDON. UNITED KINGDOM

Jacee
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Lucy7368 replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Please note that a deposit will be required to view an Answer.

What does the letter say? Why did they send it to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry I am a student and do not have any creditcard to make payment.

It regarding an instruction from the bank to my elder uncle to appoint a Barrister -XXXXX XXXXX Associates - to open a private account .( reason -I am unable to reveal) .I had checked the Law Firm address as

Cherington Road
Hanwell London-UK

I can only pay by cash remittance but the information is critical to assist my uncle not falling into a SCAM

Thank You

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Lucy

I managed to convinced my Unlce to revealed to me his dealing with Natwest Bank regarding a dormant accoun which my uncle inherited from his late brother..see letter from Bank-

NATWEST BANK PLC,

2A CHARING CROSS ROAD

LEICESTER SQUARE WESTMINSTER

LONDON WC2H 0HG

Dear sir, I wish to inform you that we cannot open the Premium Gold Account with having the complete amount, your appointed attorney Barrister Raul Mendes of XXXXX XXXXX & Associates came and make first deposit of £5,000 pounds then another deposit of £4,700 pounds then sign an agreement with us for a one week extension which he assured us that he won't fail to come with the remaining balance before the due date Wednesday 15th June 2011. We don't accept half payment for account opening, it is against our banking policy, like we mentioned earlier that this account opening fee still belongs to you so it's a refundable fee, once we set up the new premium gold account, your inherited fund would be verse from your late cousin's dormant account to your new account then wire immediately to your designated bank account at Hong Kong. This process only takes 24 hours or less than, so we advise you to instruct your appointed attorney to come with the remaining balance of £6,100 pounds so we can complete your transaction.

MR Q as you may wish to know, this is a financial institution where we have Board of Directors so i'm not the only one to sign and Approval your file for fund transfer, we have our mode of operation and banking policy which apply that no part payment for account opening. I urge you to urgently make the available the remaining balance of £6,100 pounds so we can set up the account by Wednesday to enable you receives your fund on or before Friday. We await your Attorney and Remember to fill the account opening form send bank to us,

Thanks and do have a nice day.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX

For: Management

Natwest bank plc

However I am quite worried that it may be a scam but my uncle said otherwise.

Please advice further.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HI
I am sorry but this is indeed a scam and your uncle must not send them any money
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why and what make it a scam. My uncle said it is true

Is the bank and Barrister real-see wbesite infor

http://davidbrownass.co.cc/ which claimed to have dealing with banks including Natwest Bank

Jacee

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
This is not the website of a real Uk Barrister - in the UK barristers do not do this type of work - and the names are XXXXX XXXXX of real Barristers.
The English in the alleged letter and on the website is atrocious and would not be used by a professional person.
If this was a real inheritance then no fees would be required from the beneficiary at all.
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My uncle think otherwise and indeed have a relative by that name who was very wealthy when alive..so he believed when contacted by the barrister...see mail from Mr Mendes of XXXXX XXXXX Associates :

XXXXX XXXXX & ASSOCIATES
CHERINGTON ROAD
HANWELL LONDON-UK
TEL: 44-7700022793
FAX: 44-
WEBSITE: http://davidbrownass.co.cc/

TO: THONG,

DEAR SIR, I'M STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU, IF THIS IS NOT WORKING KINDLY LET ME KNOW SO I CAN WITHDRAW MY SERVICES. I DON'T HANDLE TRANSACTION LIKE THIS, WHY KEEPING ME WAITING. KINDLY LET ME KNOW SO I WOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO, TIME IS NOT ON OUR SIDE, WE HAVE TO KEEP GOING AND NOT BE STAGNATE. NATWEST BANK IS EXPECTING ME TO COME FINALIZE YOUR TRANSACTION.

I HAVE GIVEN YOU ALL THE ASSURANCE AND TRUST IN THIS LIFE REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE JUST BEING SCARED THAT NATWEST BANK WILL NOT TRANSFER YOUR FUND IF YOU PAY FOR THE ACCOUNT OPENING, I STAND BY MY TWO FEET ON THE GROUND AND IN THE NAME OF GOD I WORSHIP THAT YOUR FUND WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO YOUR ACCOUNT AS SOON AS YOU SET UP THIS ACCOUNT. I'M HERE REPRESENTING YOU AS YOUR LAWYER SO MY DUTY IS TO SATISFY MY CLIENT TO MAKE SURE OUR AIM IS BEING ACHIEVED SO DON'T BE SCARED, BELIEVE ME.

MR THONG, FAILURE ON THE PART OF NATWEST BANK NOT TRANSFER YOUR INHERITED FUND AS PROMISE AFTER OPENING THE ACCOUNT, WHICH I'M 100% SURE IMPOSSIBLE. I WILL REFUND YOU ALL WHAT YOU SPENT INCLUDING THE MOBILIZATION FEES YOU PAID, THEN SUE THEM TO COURT WHICH I WILL EVEN INVITE YOU TO COME WITNESS THE COURT CASE. THIS IS TO LET YOU KNOW THE EXTENT I'M WORKING JUST TO CLEAR DOUBT FROM YOUR MIND.

LIKE I TOLD YOU IN MY PREVIOUS MAILS THAT WE HAVE BEEN HANDLING MATTERS OF THIS NATURE ON BEHALF OF VARIOUS INDIVIDUALS SO HAVE NO DOUBT THAT WE SHALL MONITOR NATWEST BANK CLOSELY UNTIL YOUR FUND IS CREDITED INTO YOUR NOMINATED BANK ACCOUNT. FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW ANYTHING YOU WANT ME TO DO TO PROVE TO YOU THAT YOUR FUND WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO YOUR ACCOUNT ONCE YOU OPEN THIS ACCOUNT, I'M HERE AT YOUR SERVICE. I WORK TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS AND NOT TO DISAPPOINT OR FAIL MY CLIENTS. THIS IS A REPUTABLE CHAMBER WITH HIGH LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE LAWYERS BUILT ON PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE. WE PROVIDE A HIGH QUALITY SERVICE FOR ALL OUR CLIENTS. I AWAIT YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE.

I AWAIT YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE.

YOURS IN SERVICE,

BARRISTER RAUL MENDES ESQ

PRINCIPAL ASSOCIATES

So if is is false, is he committing a crime of Fraud ? Can he be sued if my uncle had incurred money by his acts

Pls advice and Thank you

Jacee Yu

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
I am afraid that it is likely that this scam originates far away from the UK - as I said the English is poor and clearly is not the first language of the writer
There is no barrister of that name in the UK and the website is not that of a Bona Fide legal firm.
If your Uncle gives these people money then it will be lost as there will be no way of tracing them.
Claire
Clare, Solicitor
Experience: family solictor with 25 years experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for the answers but my uncle still hope this is NOT as claims.

I had written to Natwest Bank.Mrs Harris and she replied :

From: NATWEST BANK PLC

Sent: 0href="http://www.justanswer.com/1avm-certified-fraud-examiner/5bzug-real-scam-letter-head-natwest-bank-i-checked.html/01/11 06:49 PM

To: XXXXX XXXXX

Subject: Greeting

NatWest Logo NATWEST BANK PLC 2A CHARING CROSS ROAD
LEICESTER SQUARE BRANCH,
LONDON. UNITED KINGDOM
Hello Jacee Yu,

Tell your uncle that i don't accept such offer, my job is to make sure he receive his fund after opening the premium gold account as instructed by Natwest bank, inform him that failure to meet up to his promise that we shall carry out our action by confiscating his fund on or before 5th August, tell him that he has 72 hours to take decision either(opening the account or give us go ahead to confiscate the fund) We are tired of his stories and delay. Bye and do have a nice day.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX

For: Manangement Natwest Bank plc

Unquote.

Hope you can review this issue in details and advice further.

Thanks for the services

Jacee

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
This is a scam - I am not sure how often I can tell you this.
The real bank has no power to confiscate funds
However if your uncle still needs convincing I suggest that you phone this number in the UK
Telephone
0845(NNN) NNN-NNNN- it is the real number of the Charing Cross branch of the Nat West and you can speak to them about the account if you wish.
Claire