Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Assome others I have received a letter from S & B Associates

Assome others I have received a letter from S & B Associates - Malaga - are they genuine?
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. What are they purporting to do for you – timeshares?
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
as with others who have contacted you they purport to be able to recover monies paid to dwvc in 2006/7. the letter I have received is identical to the one from a previous questioner

edward gropper
Hi Edward,

Sorry for the delay.

So, they have cold called/contacted you and requested a fee up front?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The fee is E199.39 to cover court filing costs. It is interesting to note that they have made errors in our names and address. I can email the documents to if thats possible

Thanks for your reply.

They have popped up quite a few times on this website. The concerns have mostly been about whether they are a scam, rather than actually a customer enquiry stating that they have been defrauded.

They have some of the working practices of a scam – the cold calling and the upfront fee. Scam companies use these tactics.

It is highly unusual to ask for a fee upfront with out verifying themselves and submitting full precontractual documentation and replying to your queries. What agent asks for fees up front in this country after all? If they are confident of their abilities then they should offer to deduct their fees from the money reclaimed. Ask them to do this.

The better view, in my opinion, is that even if there is no conclusive evidence that they are certainly a scam there are better ways to deal with your matter by referring to one of the timeshare associations and conversing with those that have first hand knowledge of companies acting in this capacity:-

I would steer clear on the basis that there are lots of scams in this area and the practices above are used by those scam company because you can find a company verified by other timeshare users.

The errors you speak of do not speak to competance either.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,