Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am British married to a nigerian woman. She just submitted

I am British married to a nigerian woman. She just submitted her application for a settlement visa to enable her come and settle with me in the uk. How long does it take to consder a visa application for settlement?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

The UKBA states that their processing time for settlement applications 6-8 weeks from the date of submission. However, this is not an obligation but rather a statement of intent, so you will have no recourse against them if it takes longer than this time.

IT also depends to an extent which processing centre the application is sent to in terms of the capacity and burden of work at the centre they have at the time you send the application.

It is not uncommon for it to take 12 weeks from submission and I regret to say that they are not particularly communicative.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

You will see that I have answered above and should be grateful if you would kindly click accept.

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I do not receive any credit for taking the time to answer your question.

Kind regards,

Tom