Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

what can i do my partner and my daughter have got there stay

what can i do my partner and my daughter have got there stay but i haven't get my own
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. Are you in the UK
2. What visa has your partner obtained
Kind regards.
Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes residence permit
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

What nationality is your partner?

What nationality are you?

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
nigeria
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
both nigeria
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

How did you all come to be in the UK? What visa did you enter with?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

some one took me to the uk dont even know anything abouth 9-10 years ago, but my patner she was here when she little

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

How old were you when you came to the UK? Who took you to the UK

Are you certain your partner does not have UK citizenship (ie. a UK passport)?

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

iam 18 year old she got her stay on peper with my daugter, but we have apply for british passort for my daughter but my pathner hasn;t apply for her own yet due to time yet ,but she got nigeria passport now

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
OK.

Did you come when you were 18 or are you 18 now?

Did the UKBA letter say why you didn't receive leave to remain as dependent when you partner/daughter did?

On what basis do you think your daughter is eligible for a UK passport?

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i came when i was 18, we did nutralization for her , b4 her mum got her own with my daughter , UKBA send her letter that she should fill some form which we did she put my name and my daughter name and mt situation i was on dependance through my cousin i was refuse both the letter i got from the first time when we did the dependace with my cousin , was send to them when my partner fill the form
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
You refer to naturalisation - who has been naturalised as a UK citizen?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry was out , my daughter was nutralization
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

You've got to check that you were actually made a party to the applicaiton which your partner made. If you were not then you should make the application now as her dependent.

If you presently do not have leave to remain here in the UK then it would be advisable for you to ask a solicitor to make the applicaiton on your behalf because you will need to argue your Article 8 (Human) Right to a family and private life as to why you should not be made to return to your home country in order to make the application. This would be because of your daughter provided she is a UK citizen.

Basically, because your daughter is a UK citizen you will be able to obtian leave to remain here on the basis that fact, there has been recent case law on this.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello

are you available now.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanx for yestday. follow my enquiry , abouth yestday but my passport still with them and the letter for the first application i made with my cosin on dependance? which my partner sent with the letter they sent her b4 she got the stay?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

I'm a bit confused over which application your passport was sent with; whether it was your cousin's application or with your partners.

If it was with your cousin's applicaiton then this would explain why you have not received your leave to remain on the basis of being a dependent with your partner because they would need it enclosed with your partner's application in order to process it.

You need to get your passport back and then make an application again as the dependent of your partner.

Thanks for your kind accept.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Lawyer