Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hello good dayMy parents are from the UK and I was born in

Hello good day My parents are from the UK and I was born in South Africa in 1968, but hold a British Birth Certificate. I have a British Passport that has expired . What legal documents are needed in order to get my passport etc in order and would I qualify to live in the UK? Thanking you in anticipation Olwen Bowen Ter-Ossepiantz

Good Evening Olwen,

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Are both of your parents British by birth
  • 2. Do you also hold a South African passport

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My whole family is born and bred in the UK.

Yes Late Dad from UK and my Mom

I do have an SA passport .

Thanks Tom

Olwen

Olwen,

Thanks for your question.

If you have a British Passport then you are a British citizen. This means that you will have to renew the expired passport that you have.

You can do this in South Africa and I attach a link to the page by the British High Commission in South Africa (Pretoria):-

http://ukinsouthafrica.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/how-to-apply/south-africa/

You will note it has the application form and notes on the page for you, together with contact detail for any questions you have.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I forgot to mention that I have changed all my details with the UK Deeds Poll office so I have all the documentation with my married surname etc . that is changed there .

How much is it to renew my passport?

Thank you for the other information

Olwen

Olwen,

If you have evidence of the change of your name then this should also be submitted with the applicaiton. It may also assist your application to write a covering lettter explaining anything you consider is not covered in the form or otherwise provides further substantiation to what you have put in the form.

I'm afraid I don't know what the fee is from SA. You should contact them directly for that really.

Trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Is there any futher information you require?

If you do not click accept then your money stays with JustAnswer and I do not receive any credit at all for having taken the time to answer your question.

Please click accept.

Tom