Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Firstly, you need to secure a job offer from another nursing institution that can offer you sponsorship on similar terms to that of your present employer. Once you have this you can hand in your notice and update the UKBA on your change of employer/sponsor.

It's very important that you do this because it is a term of your visa that you keep the UKBA up to date with any change in your circumstances.

If you switch to another employer and remain working until the time when you qualify to apply for indefinite leave to remain then you should still be able to make an application for ILR and 12 months thereafter naturalisation as a UK citizen (if you wish)

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,