Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I have applied for my first UK passport using the Washington

Customer Question

I have applied for my first UK passport using the Washington DC regional processing center. I reside in Bermuda. I tracked the package and at arrived. Now 7 days later I checked my credit card but no charge has been made. How long does this take and is there a way to track the process?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If it is your first passport then it is usually processed within 6 weeks of submission. It can take longer and this is only an aim though. Please see "Timing" on the following page:-

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tom,

Thank you for this but I have been to all the web sites I could find including the link you sent. I can't find anything that shows how to track the status. How long it takes to process the credit card or what the current back log is. That information would be helpful for me.

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Have you received an acknowledgment letter from the centre which refers to their internal referencing system?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. I only tracked the package by FedEX that arrived the day after I sent it. I have been watching my credit card for charges but have not seen any activity yet.(It has been a week so far)
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I would only start worrying if you do not hear anything within another week.

They should send you an acknowledgement lettter statting that your application is pending, this will have their reference on it and you can give them telephone calls to update you on the progress of your applicatoin.

Thanks for your kind accept.

Kind regards,