Thanks for your question.
In order to come here with a view to settling permanently as your wife she will have to apply for and obtain settlement (ie. spouses visa).
The eligibility criteria for this is as follows:-
- 1. That you are legally married to each other (marriage certificate)
- 2. You intend to live permanently together here in the UK as husband and wife (statements, evidence of her (statements, correspondence(
- 3 You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income)
- 4. You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
- 5. That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)
Suggested supporting documents in brackets.
She will also have to pass and English language test showing she has a basic command of spoken and listening English. She can find out approved test providers in his area by contacting the UK embassy nearest to her.
You will need to apply for settlement (ie. spouses visa) by using form VAF4 Settlement.
You should consider instructing a immigration solicitor to prepare an application for you. You can find local solicitors via:-
It would cost around £800-1000+vat for them to prepare it on your behalf.
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.
I will answer your follow up questions you may have.