Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hello , I live in Dubai , i am Egyptian i am 35 years old

Customer Question

hello ,
I live in Dubai , i am Egyptian i am 35 years old , married,was born in England , i work in an English company that requires several travels as per the nature of my occupation , currently i have a birth certificate , i want to apply for a British passport
is that possible ? what shall i do?
thanks in advance for your prompt reply
kind regards
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Hi Tarek,

Thanks for your Question.

As you were born in the UK before the British Nationality Act 1981 came in to force you are a British Citizen (assuming you were not born to diplomat parents):-

No British passport are issued via the FCO in the UAE. You will have to apply for a UK passport to the Regional Centre in Dusseldorf. Full details here:-

Good luck.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Thomas ,

what are the exact documents needed from my end to be submitted to the British Consulate in Germany , i have a British birth certificate (copy) i do not even have the original ,Egyptian Passport residency in Dubai , and a letter proves i work for Shell in the UAE , if you may please send me what other document sare required so i would be able to complete them