Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i own a holiday membership with dwvc and have been contacted

i own a holiday membership with dwvc and have been contacted by a company called half moon holdings malagar asking if I would like to sell my membership they have a customer wanting to buy for £8400. I would like to accept the offer but they have asked for £1395 liability payment up front how can I check the company is not fraudulent. They have given me a company reg as B93063337.
Thankyou
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

There have been quite a few questions submitted to the board about Half Moon Holdings. I am fairly sure that some were by customers who had paid and had not received a service and could not contact them.

I also recall that they had a website which did not contain any details, but I cannot locate this anymore. I cannot get any further details, which you should certainly be able to do if they are a reputable firm.

They would in effect be acting as agents and they should send you documentation first for you to examine and make an informed decision as to whether to proceed, along with verifying their credentials. It is highly irregular to ask for money first and there are a number of scams in this area who use this practice. How many agents do you know that ask for money up front?

If they have cold-called you I would be very suspicious.

I would treat with extreme caution, ask for documents and certainly do not transfer any money or pass account details without examining any literature they provide you with.

I'd steer clear on the basis of irregular practice.

There's also some timeshare forum chat which is pretty persuasive:-

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=13367.0

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you for your information it has been very helpful can you please check I have only made a one off payment to you and not subscribed monthly because I was a bit confused with the payment section

Thank you

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your accept.

I''m an expert, I don't know what your have agreed with the site. I will email admin about it and someone will contact you.

Kind regards,

Tom