Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

Hi. How long does it take for a court summons to be sent to

Hi. How long does it take for a court summons to be sent to my home address after the police has sent my report to summons? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your question. I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I have been falsely accused of touching a womans breast at work during Physical Control And Restraint training. I was first interviewed by the police on the 8th April and my summons was sent on April 15th. Many thanks.
Sorry, this makes no sense.

The police do not send summonses.

Do you mean that you were asked to go in voluntarily?

Or were you arrested?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was asked to go in voluntarily for the 1st interview then asked to go back a 2nd time to do fingerprints. It was the 2nd time the policeman said he is sending my report to cps. Thank you

Right. You mean a bail back then.

I think you are probably not on bail although the taking of fingerprints is a little worrying. I am sure you had a solicitor during interview though as failing to do so would have been stupid and you are clearly intelligent.

If this is a sexual assault there is no time barring and so there are no restrictions on how long they can take. If they bring it as a common assault then they only have 6 months although thats not likely on the facts of the allegation.

Often CPS take many months to make a decision. Roughly about 3 months.

If you are charged, take Crown Court trial. On no account be tried by Magistrates.

I'm happy to discuss this but please remember to click on accept.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Many thanks for your fast resposes.
Yes I did have a solicitor present. I am not sure if they are treating this as a sexual or common assault. Yes I will take Crown Court thanks. Why is the taking of fingerprints worrying to you? I thought this was standard procedure. Thank you again.

they are only allowed to do that as of right if you are arrested.

They have to get consent to take an evidential sample and one wonders why they would need it here.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oh yes I understand what you mean. I don't think I have been arrested! Thanks again.

then they shouldn't be taking your prints save for an evidential specimen that would not seem warranted here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went voluntary the first time and was interviewed with it recorded on tape. Then I was asked to return a week later just to give my fingerprints and also to confirm I am still pleading not guilty and was told by the pc who is an investigating officer that he is sending report to summons. At no point I was told I was arrested but I was charged. Is a charge the same as an arrest? Thanks
No, but you haven't been charged if CPS are looking at this.