Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Are Half Moon Holdings a company to be trusted when they ask

Are Half Moon Holdings a company to be trusted when they ask for E1295.00 up front when cold calling to sell your DWVC Certificate. J L Phipps([email protected])
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your questions.

They would in effect be acting as agents and they should send you documentation first for you to examine and make an informed decision as to whether to proceed, along with verifying their credentials. It is highly irregular to ask for money first and there are a number of scams in this area who use this practice. I would treat with extreme caution, ask for documents and certainly do not transfer any money or pass account details without examining any literature they provide you with.

If they have cold-called you I would be very suspicious.

I recall there have been other questions on this board to do with this firm, I am fairly sure that some were by customers who had paid and had not received a service and could not contact them.

I also recall that they had a website which did not contain any details, but I cannot locate this anymore. I cannot get any further details, which you should certainly be able to do if they are a reputable firm.

I'd steer clear on the basis of irregular practice.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,