Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

have British ancestry residence permit. Been in UK 28months

have British ancestry residence permit. Been in UK 28months since validating 2yr pension period in Australia after a number of previous lengthy stays over thirty years in the UK where all my family live. How much longer do I have to wait for Br. citizenship?

Thanks for your question.

If you wish to apply for UK citizenship you must first applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK, you can then apply for naturalisation as a UK citizen 12 months after that provided you meet the criteria on the following page:-

In order to apply for indefinite leave to remain you must have remained continuously in the UK on your ancestry visa. This is generally taken to mean that you must not have spent more than 90 days outisde the UK in any 12 month period.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,